Maybe you’ve had a shiny new website built and you’re excited to share it with the world and potential customers, or you’ve had your website a while and it’s not doing as well as anticipated. We’re sharing five of the most common website mistakes that are important to avoid if you want your website to succeed.
- Not Investing in a Digital Marketing Plan (Especially SEO) – It’s common for people to think that when they have a new website built their customers will magically find them online. However the online space is extremely competitive and it’s important to invest in a digital marketing plan to ensure you appear in front of your customers for the services you provide that they are looking for. It’s a crucial part of your website and often overlooked.
- No Clear Call to Action – If users have found your website then that’s brilliant, however you haven’t converted them into a customer yet. It’s important to have a clear call to action to gently nudge them in the right direction.
- Contact Details Not Up to Date – It’s simple but can be easily forgotten, so double check on your website that all your contact details are up to date to make it easy for customers and potential customers to contact you. It’s also recommended to have your phone number and email address clearly near the top of the page so potential customers don’t have to look around the website to get in touch.
- Poor Quality Photos and Images – When users visit your website you want it to look visually appealing, eyes are naturally drawn to imagery on a website and it creates the first impression. Ensure that all images are high quality and if possible create your own imagery.
- Not Utilising Google Analytics – Google Analytics is a free tool which is great to gain a greater understanding about the demographics of your visitors as well as how they find your website and what pages are the most popular. There so much information you can gain from having Google Analytics on your website, and especially as it’s free it would be silly not to.
These are five of the most common website mistakes that people make that you want to ensure you avoid. If you would like any help with your website or digital marketing strategy including SEO, you can contact us at 01865 989899 or email email@example.com